What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Utah House, we can't wait!

The front of the house.
The back yard, a nice size such a change from the 2000 sq ft. lot we have here in Singapore! They already had a play structure and the cement pad on the right has a basket ball hoop.

One of Tyson's favorite features, technically it is a 4 car garage.

Our view from the front yard.  Because of the clouds you can't see all of the mountains.  I just love the view, I forgot how beautiful the mountains are.
Across the street there is an empty field to play in.  I love how there is a soccer ball just sitting there.  No worries of someone stealing it.
 It's a small world.  A friend called me yesterday here in singapore and asked if we were buying  a house in Highland.  Turns out her sister in law told her that the house across the street was being sold to someone from Singapore.  So we already have made a connection to a neighbor, with boys Ashton's age.
Meets my #1 requirement.  Nice size kitchen and has 2 ovens.  I also like how open it is.  This house has lots of built ins.  Note the desk.

I like how the family room is open to the kitchen area.  The entertainment center is built in, although I don't want a tv in view of the dinning table so we'll see how this turns out.  At least if there is a TV we can close the doors.  Also lots of windows so we can see the backyard from kitchen, dinning and family rooms.
More built ins.  This is downstairs where I would prefer the kids to watch TV and play Wii.

More built ins. These are also down stairs.  I like the cute little bench to the right.  I think it would be fun to find an old table cut off the legs and the kids could use this corner for games, puzzles etc.



This is the most exciting part for Ashton.  A built in fort under the stairs.  There is a doorway and a little window.

Look very closely in the bottom right hand corner of the closet.  It is a secret entrance into the fort.  This will be Ashton's room.

A closer look to the secret entrance.  Notice it has a little light switch.

Deeper inside the fort.  I'm hoping this fort will cut down on his fort building.  It bugs me when I don't have anywhere to sit because every pillow and blankets in the house (including all of the couch pillows) has been used to make one of his amazing forts.


This will be Hayden rooms.  He get his own little nook, not to mention amazing views of the mountains.
A closer look at Hayden's nook.  He is growing so fast and he definitely is ready to have his own space.



This is the  mud room, again I love all the built ins. I think it is weird that they have a drinking faucet, but Tyson said he saw a couple homes with this. With Collin and his love for playing with water, we will be turning it off first thing till he get a little older.

So we close on the house June 15th and will probably start really moving in come August since we probably won't get our stuff from Singapore till then.  I am really excited for the move especially after my recent trip back.  We have enjoyed our life and adventures here in Singapore but we are ready to move on to our next adventures in life.

17 Comments:

Blogger Springers said...

Its gorgeous! I love it all. I think the drinking fountain is great, though I hear ya on the mess. It will be perfect one day!

May 5, 2011 at 5:32 AM  
Blogger O'Bryan Family said...

Oh Natalie it looks so awesome! I'll admit I'm a bit jealous. Jeff will be jealous of that kitchen and the two ovens! : ) Can't wait until you guys get here. We will have to have a Singapore group get together.

May 5, 2011 at 5:41 AM  
Blogger O'Bryan Family said...

Oh by the way...having a drinking fountain in my house like that is a dream of mine!!!! LUCKY YOU!!!

May 5, 2011 at 5:42 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

This house looks like a dream! It is gorgeous. And the yard is amazing. I am so excited that you are moving to Utah...I think we will see you way more often now!

May 5, 2011 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

AWESOME!!! Where in Utah? I can come visit:) When do you move back? I'm happy for you!!!!!!!

May 5, 2011 at 8:16 AM  
Blogger malia said...

what a great house!!!

May 5, 2011 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

I am so happy for you! What a beautiful house! :)

May 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger On-line said...

That looks wonderful - the view, the house, the open space and I LOVE the dark wood built ins! This would make me excited to move to - really happy for you guys!!

May 5, 2011 at 8:47 AM  
Blogger Gayleen said...

Ok, sorry, that signed in on my other account - on-line is from Gayleen! ;)

May 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

It's gorgeous! You'll really enjoy that house! But we still miss you in OK!

May 5, 2011 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger TheDaynesFam said...

Natalie. The house looks awesome! So excited for you! We had a drinking fountain in our back yard growing up...that might be a better spot for it! :0 Becky

May 5, 2011 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Southwick Family said...

Natalie! I love it! And I Had no idea tHat you were moving! My MIL lives in Alpine, so it will be nice to see you wHile we are tHere. Best of luck witH tHe move, and keep tHe weekend of July 8tH open for a Singapore reunion.

May 6, 2011 at 2:25 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

I can see you guys being so happy here. It looks like a little piece of heaven- with the yard- the playground- the bball court. Perfect. I also love how Utah homes have so many kids spaces built in- like little nooks for forts- and I've never seen a drinking fountain- but it sounds like a fun idea!!
Your view also is incredible. We will have to come see you guys in UT!

May 6, 2011 at 3:18 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Wow! This is just perfect for your family! We can't wait to visit =). I secretly really love the water fountain, and I am happy Ashton will get his own fort! Love you!

May 6, 2011 at 4:15 AM  
Blogger JaNae said...

Natalie! It's gorgeous! What a dream. I can't even imagine all the fun decorating projects your going to dive into now! Congrats!

May 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

When I clicked on your post, I only saw two pics. Today when I went to take a closer look is when I saw the "Read More" button. Now I see the whole house! Love it. Randy's siter lives in Highland. We'll have to see how close you are. I can't wait till you're in Utah. I love the built ins and the whole set up of the house. Beautiful!

May 10, 2011 at 3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯 , 后宫视讯

January 14, 2023 at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home