What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Ashton's Birthday, he turned 7


Feburary 1st
Note the date on the board, 1st day of the 2nd month, then year. Remember most everyone else does the dates that way.





















Ashton turned seven this year and we ended up have his birthday party on a very busy day.  He wanted to have it at home this year even with my encouragement of doing it else where.  So I tried to entertain ten 7 year olds for over 3 hours.  We survived!!!

The original plan was to cut this cake and create a large broom.  It cracked into at least 5 pieces so we switched to an alternative plan.  Ashton got some harry potter legos so he built those and I created a grass field to place them on.

This reminded me of the days that I had to try to keep Ashton out of my cakes.  Such a sweet look, just waiting for me to turn my back.

Activity 1, was making door hangers as they showed up.

We then ate lunch (pizza rolls) then had cake.  Here are all of the kids with Ashton's face in the bottom of the picture under the cake.  Look closely.

What to wish for????

They played a spin off of Fuse-ball in our spacious front yard.  Collin got right in there.

Collin was that extra "Challenge" variable in the game.
 This is what we took to school.


Sweet Ashton and his Mommy
This is Mrs. Clark, his 1st grade teacher who is from Australia.


Here he is the B-day hat they get to where all day.  I got on video the class singing to him in English and Mandarin but I guess my video isn't compatible with blogger (it ends with .avi instead of .jpg or what ever video needs to be, if anyone knows how to help me please let me know)






We had Tacos for dinner and leftover cupcakes for his actually b-day.  "He always tries to out eat dad when we have tacos.  How many tacos have you had Dad?" He can't wait to get back to the US for Taco Bell, that's my boy.  Gotta love taco bell.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Your cakes are always the best. You look great. Cute picture with your cute Ashton. Can you believe our kids are growing up? I mean-10! No way. So you say he can't wait to get back to the US. When is that exactly?

February 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM  
Blogger JaNae said...

Love the cake Natalie! Such a cute idea. You'd never know it was plan B! Birthday weeks wear me out but I love making my kids feel special...looks like you succeeded at both of those. (By the way, you look gorgeous in that picture.) Good to see you back on the blog!

February 11, 2011 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger O'Bryan Family said...

Very cool cake Natalie! And fun to see all the kids and how big they are getting. Our little guys are growing up! : (

February 12, 2011 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger Springers said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! I can't believe Ashton is 7. And from what you wrote "I remember when AShton tried to get into the cake" I am assuming he has grown up a lot!! Hope you guys are doing good. Cute cakes as always, and fun games!

February 12, 2011 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Can't believe he's 7! Looks like a fun day for him! I loved the video of the kids singing to him in English and Mandarin! How cute is that. :)

February 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM  
Blogger malia said...

you are so creative natt! i love that cake.

May 5, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home