What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Cooking Class in Bali

Here is a picture of the Bumbu Bali Resturant where I took a class but this is where we actually ate breakfast and then later lunch which we prepared. It was very beautiful. They actually had rooms and villas you could stay in on the grounds also.
Here is a portion of the kitchen where we cooked. We cooked a total of 22 items including satay chicken (You'll see charlie later) and pork with a peanut sauce. We learned how to make a comple of spice paste and rices both sweet and savory. I also learned how to cook a couple of things in banana leaf. The whole process was very interesting.
This is what the finished product looked like. Some veggies tossed in a peanut sauce, some satay, and pork in a sweet soya sauce.

Here is dessert some fried bananas, and glutenous rice with shredded coconut.
I took the cooking class the first full day we had in Bali, my ride picked me up around 6:00 a.m. It was probably my favorite thing I did. I got to see and do things that I wouldn't have done with the family in tow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

The FINISHED product looks REALLY good. I hope you're planning a cooking class for when you come back!

March 30, 2009 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Wow Natt! You are so adventurous! What an amazing experience. I love all of the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

March 31, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Wow, those look like professional pictures of your food. It looks amazing.

April 1, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home