What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Singapore "western" food

Tyson post -- it looks like I have now taken the role in posting -- well we were at the grocery store the other day here in singapore and I had the camera with me -- so I took some photos of the food prices -- western food -- western food is very expensive and only a special treat when we get it -- local food is very cheap but I can only handle so much of it. Here are some photos of the singapore dollar prices so I converted each one into US dollars.

$5.60 SDG = $3.73 USD

$13.55 SGD = $9.03 USD

$17.75 SGD = $11.83 USD

$10.65 SGD = $7.10 USD

$13.60 SGD = $9.06 USD

8 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Those are the prices for ONE??? Oh wow.

March 1, 2009 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Holy Hannah! I had forgotten how expensive it is. I love how a lean cuisine is almost the same amount as the nestle chocolate chips!

March 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

So.. What did you chose to satisfy your expensive cravings? Looks like the choco chips are the best buy - only 4 times the US price.

March 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM  
Blogger JaNae said...

Wow! I'm thinking they hired a private jet to import each item! Guess you'll be stocking up next summer. That's pretty crazy!

March 2, 2009 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger shelbrz said...

OMG!!! That's so nuts!!! Almost four dollars for a cup of yogurt?!? I love yogurt...and the chocolate chips! That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "special treat". How much does it cost to go to the movies I wonder?

March 2, 2009 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Springers said...

Wow! I would clearly starve to death...

March 2, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Tyson M said...

yes for one -- crazy -- nope we did not splurg on any of these items and got our essentials, a 6 sing dollar half gallon of milk and some real ham at 9 sing dollars for about 1/2 lb -- anyway movies are cheap for about 6 USD we can see a movie and get a meal - like a kids meal with nuggets, fries and drink. 6 bucks all together so that's a deal.

March 2, 2009 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Christiansen Clan said...

That is crazy!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home