What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Collin gets blessed and more


I am trying to go through my pictures and catch up so I can move on in our journey so here we go, bare with me.

We have had 3 boys and I bought this outfit for the first one over seven years ago. Collin is the first one that actually fit into it when we went to bless him. I vividly remember going to walmart at something like 11:00 p.m. the Saturday before the blessing of Hayden looking for a new outfit. When we tried this none on him that night just for fun it was too small. Both boys were blessed closer to 2 months Collin was closer to 1 1/2 months and fit. We blessed him in the ward I was raised in. My dad was able to participate so that was really neat.


Grandpa R taught them how to play croquet, hitting things with a stick is always a hit with the boys.
Ashton is really into his hair. Often asking for gel in his hair and doing it himself or asking for help to make a mohawk,etc. We took a picture of a triple mohawk he requested.

Grandma R with Collin. My mom had just had one of her breast removed due to cancer less than a month before we arrived and was worried she wouldn't be able to enjoy our stay and play with kids like she normally does. She had a great recovery and enjoyed her naps with Collin, so did I.It was a great help to me to have her holding him. I think she was able to do a lot more than she thought she would. Mom, thanks for letting us invade your house. Just so I don't seem so horrible I talked to her before we came and she would have been very sad if we would have changed our plans. (Her cancer was found after we had booked flights).My grandmother is a 25 year survivor so this help everyone deal with mom's diagnosis well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica South said...

This makes me miss you guys even more! Collin is already changing so much.

Not fair!

Looking forward to some Singapore posts. :)

August 3, 2008 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger JaNae said...

thanks for the updates Natalie. I can't believe how long it's been since I've talked to you! Glad you guys have had a fun month or so visiting and playing. Collin is a cutie!

August 3, 2008 at 11:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It's so sweet to have pictures like that. They will be treasured by both you and your mom, but Collin also. How cute. Congratulations to your mom! Not for having cancer, but for doing something about it. Good luck

August 5, 2008 at 2:54 AM  
Blogger Springers said...

I'm glad your mom is doing well. Looks like you guys had a good time. Collin is growing fast!

August 8, 2008 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Collin looks so adorable in his blessing day outfit. I am glad you finally go to use it!!

August 9, 2008 at 3:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home