What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The kids settling in

Collin is almost 4 months now and grabbing things including his toes. I think this is so cute. I don't think he truly knows what he is doing yet or can really control himself either. He is really fun right now, smiling all the time and giggling and giving a few belly laugh with a little extra work on our part.
We got him a bumbo chair (through craiglist, they have craiglist here also but the pickings are slim). He likes it and get exciting but most of the time he is in it, it results in major spit up. I don't know if he is using his stomach muscles, or he get overly excited. Does anyone else have this problem? I also wanted to share some of the sleeping positions I have caught Collin in. Babies are so cute when they are sleeping.



Hayden is playing soccer now. I haven't gotten the camera there yet maybe this week. He has really gotten into it this year. Last week he even blocked a goal really well one handed and made it bounce off the back of the goal. I was a bad mom and talking rather than paying attention. I did have many of the other parents comment and tell me about it though so it must have been impressive. Maybe our couch potato has hope. He does walk to and from school each day so that is good to. His eating hasn't changed to much like I was hoping they would. Unfortunately we have a McDonalds to close and convenient. They only have 2 drive throughs here in singapore but they do deliver. At this point I refuse to go that far and hope my children never find out about this option. We are usually there about once a week at the locatin in our nearest mall (about 5 minutes). He is doing great in school and loving it. He has an awesome teacher. Here is a link that his teacher post pictures from school and I think the kids will create some type of web page later this year. http://pseagle.sas.edu.sg/twilliams/
Ashton still has his issues. If he were to just go to bed I think that would help out everyone in the household. I did get a sleeping book to help us out (I'll try to post more about that later). We have started speech therapy someone comes to the house every Monday he has had only 2 sessions but he has done pretty well. He does really well at school also and loves it. His teacher is smitten by him. He gives her "cuddles" all day long (I love listening to her Australian accent). She is a great personality match for him it is awesome because she is a good balance of tolerating his activity and roughness (running into her for a tackle hug) and yet she is good at telling him when it is too rough or inappropriate to do things. We are still trying to work on his aggressiveness with Collin, although sometimes he can be so sweet. They really enjoy doing pick-a-boo with him right now. Ashton doesn't start soccer until November but he will probably be great at it and love it, he can't wait.
Vacation
We have planned our first vacation to Hong Kong Disneyland for Oct 7th. There is a holiday here so the kids have over a week off at school. We will fly home on the 12th. I hope it is fun and the kids appreciate it. I think my generation was the start of a really spoiled generation and our kids' generation is much worse. When we went to Sea world a while ago all the kids wanted was treats and stuff from the gift shop. Who cares about the huge whale jumping out of the water. We could have gone to the mall for so much cheaper.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Collin is so darling! He has grown so much. Disneyland in Hong Kong! What a great idea. I hear Hong Kong is a lot like Singapore.

September 24, 2008 at 1:18 AM  
Blogger Jessica South said...

Collin is so adorable! You guys sound like you are having a great time. :)

September 24, 2008 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

We bought the Bumbo for that reason. We call it the burping bumbo. It helps my kids get their bubbles out after we've taken half the morning trying. I love my bumbo!

September 24, 2008 at 11:59 PM  
Blogger aubreyp said...

I love the name Collin! I'm glad to have found your blog. That's awesome you're in Singapore. How long are you there for? We're still in NC. It's far from family which isn't ideal, but other than that we really like it here.

December 14, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home