What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our new addtions


So we have a new member in our family which is exciting and fun. I also got my computer this week which I was also very excited about. I am playing with new things so here is my first collage and hopefully there will be more to come.
Tys did his first blog entry which I was impressed he did, without me even asking. Thanks Tys! I am afraid to say this out loud, or rather type out, but Collin has been absolutely wonderful. He came out and first thing he nursed great and hardly cries at all. The delivery went pretty well once it "started". We went in at midnight on Tuesday night and finally got checked in about 3:3o am. We had some crazy weather which caused a lot of activity in labor and delivery, sounds funny but you can ask any nurse (that works in labor and delivery, anyway)and they will tell you weather definitely effects labors. So being that we were being induced we were a lower priority, which I understand but was frustrating since we had to sit out in the uncomfortable chairs in the waiting room for such a long time in the middle of the night. The craziness continued, we were able to get into our room and start resting at about 4:30 am and just waited around till about 11:00 am before they even started a little pittosin. I did get an epidural pretty quickly and after a frustrating process and 4 pokes later I was hooked up. Once they had time to give me a little more attention and more pittosin things moved more quickly.
Kung Fu Mama
So Here is my funny story. When things started moving and the nurse was getting the stirrups out I thought I would "help" the nurse and gently lift my own leg into the stirrup. Remember I have the epidural at this point and no real control over my legs. So what my brain was telling my leg was gently lift. What really happened was kung fu kick to the nurses face. I got her right in the eye and pretty good. I was apologizing like crazy and she had to leave the room. I guess in over 20 years it has never happened before, go figure. She recovered and came back quickly to help me finish. I feel really bad but I still get the giggles when I remember it and replay it in my mind. For Tys b-day he took the boys to Kung fu Panda, maybe I should have gone to pick up some new moves.

9 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

I love the pictures of all the boys together. To keep up with them you need some Kung Fu moves.

June 7, 2008 at 10:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm laughing my butt off right now. I love the no feeling in the legs thing. I started to laugh when the nurse was telling me to lift my legs into the stirrups. It just wasn't happening! Congratulations on your sweet little guy.

June 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

You got some great pictures. I love the one of both the boys adoring the baby while you are holding him.
Your kung fu story was hilarious!

June 7, 2008 at 11:30 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

Happy Birthday to Collin and to Tyson! Congratulations on the baby and on being that nurse's new party story.

June 8, 2008 at 12:25 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Collin is so cute! Your story cracks me up. Good luck with everything!

June 8, 2008 at 3:17 AM  
Blogger JaNae said...

Thanks for the laugh out-loud-moment! That's great. I think "Kung-Fu Mama" needs to be your new handle! I'm so glad to hear that the labor was easy...too bad about the long wait to get there!

By they way great job on the collage...fun way to post pics, huh?

June 8, 2008 at 3:51 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

So funny! I was laughing for a long time about this story. Thanks for sharing.

June 9, 2008 at 12:40 AM  
Blogger JTuffy said...

That's hilarious! And congratulations! The boys are really cute together!

June 12, 2008 at 11:28 PM  
Blogger JTuffy said...

Sorry this is Jenny. I forgot I'm signed in under Jonathan's name

June 12, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home