What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My birthday/our annivesarry

For our anniversary (12 years ago Aug 30th who would of thought I would be sitting in my p.j.s in Singapore blogging) we ended up go to dinner the night before with a coworker of Tyson in town from the states kid-free. For my birthday a few girls from church took me to lunch at a Subway that is located at the high school campus. In the US it may sound cheezy and cheap but here it was really nice to have such a normal American meal once in a while. The sandwiches taste exactly the same and they had the same cookies also which were really good. I also got a pedicure and someone watched Collin while the other boys were in school. A friend also brought me a bunch of orchids which were really pretty. The boys bought it a cake at the mall, I guess when you spend that much on a cake they give you candles also. I turned 32 so they had 3 large candles and 2 small. It was a chocolate mouse cake. Not only did it look good but it tasted good. Their pastries always look really nice or fancy around here but sometimes they are dry or somewhat disappointing. They also bought me a necklace from a nice jewelry store where they give you water just from walking in, it might have been that they could tell the boys were ex pact and expected they to drop down a lot lot of cash. All in all it was a good day but like all of our holiday and celebrations have been this past year, almost an after thought. I hope we can enjoy our future celebrations better, ie getting ready for the holidays and not just celebrating the day of in stress and caous. Note Hayden is wearing his Soccer jearsy. It cost $110 for soccer here but it included short, shorts, socks and soccerball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home