What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our big news!

Here are the pictures that are on the passports the boys just got, these will be required for our move to Singapore.


Here is Ashton, we had a hard time trying to get a decent smile he kept bitting his lip or making funny faces.
Here is Hayden with all of his teeth missing. We had also been trying to get haircuts for so long that we just shaved them both not knowing they would have these pictures taken soon after. I am OK with the shaved hair now but try not to do it before any kind of pictures because I am not a big fan of the shaved look. So there you go, for the next 5 years they are stuck with these pictures. The baby will have his picture taken of him about at about a week old, this also will last him for the next 5 years, which is funny to me.


So the big news around here is a move for us this summer. We will be packing up some of our stuff and trying to sell off the rest so we can move to Singapore, yes I said Singapore. My mind is definately in overload mode right now. What to take, we can't take anything that plugs in, lamps, vacumm cleaner, my brand new Kitchen aid and our brand new TV (I was honestly not excited to drop that kind of cash on a tv in the first place, now I'm really bummed, oh well). We will also be needing to replace all these items once we get there so we want to try to sell things for decent prices not your $1 garage sale prices. We also want to show the house furnished so we don't want to get rid of a lot of things till the house is sold. That's just "stuff" things to worry about. We will be traveling with a new baby, I want to wait till the baby is at least 3-4 weeks old. Since I am due June 10th and hope to be induced a week early that would put us no earlier than the end of June. Tyson will physically start work in Singapore August 1st but is already taking on responsibilities there, so he is kind of doing multiple jobs right now (day and night since we are 14 hours ahead of Singapore). Tyson and I will fly out at the end of March for 2 weeks to scope things out and try to get the boys in the American school there (Tyson actually started the process in February just in case and we are still crossing our fingers that the boys will get in the August). We will also try to figure out housing, transportation (we will sell our cars here and probably lease 1 there), and just let me see what exactly we are getting into. This will be quite a change from the small town we live in now. I love almost everything here including our house with a yard. There we will probably live in a high rise apartment with pools and other facilities. It is warm year round so no winters with snow, which I think I will actually miss. Right now the biggest stress for me is the fact that there a bazzillion things I need to do and plan for that are dependent on things I have no control of (when the house sells and when the baby actually comes). This is becoming a very long post so for now I will leave it at this. Now if you talk to me and I seem spacy or out of it you know my mind is racing so I have a little better excuse than I normally do.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Dirks said...

Singapore! I can't believe you're taking the plunge. How exciting. Good luck with everything. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Have fun!

February 28, 2008 at 4:05 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh my gosh. You MUST be overloaded. Hopefully the house sells quickly so you can transition smoothly! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm glad you have a blog so we can keep updated about your adventures over there!

February 28, 2008 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger JaNae said...

What an adventure...you guys are much braver than us. And with a new baby just to spice things up. I can't imagine your "to do" list right now. How do you sleep?!?! Wish we could be closer to help you take off. Go Natt!

By the way...gone for 3 years right? Do you get to come home to visit during that time?

February 28, 2008 at 9:08 AM  
Blogger shelbrz said...

WHOA there girl...say WHAT!?!? I'm sorry, did you sat Singapore?!? Holy cow, what an adventure. You are so brave to do this with a new baby, just like Ruthie going to Amsterdam. I'm so impressed. How long is this for...is there a time limit? Good luck, you'll be so busy I'm sure. ~Shelby

February 29, 2008 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

As far as time goes, I think we will be there somewhere between 2-5 years. They give us a travel allowance that should cover one trip back to the states once a year. I guess most of the expats will come home for at least a month during the summer so we will probably do the same.

February 29, 2008 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger JTuffy said...

I heard that rumor a while back but I can't believe it's actually happening. That's going to be awesome! Does Tyson like it there? It looks really nice in those pictures. Good luck with everything!!!

March 1, 2008 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger Mindy said...

oh my goodness!!! yes, what everyone else has said---you are so brave! Good for you guys! I hope all goes well. The boys' pics are too cute!

March 1, 2008 at 10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to miss you! I've had a few friends that have lived there and they LOVED Singapore. I hope the move goes smoothly!

March 7, 2008 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

Tyson gave Adam your blog address..it is so fun to see your family. Your boys are cute and BIG! I can't believe that you will be living in Singapore. That is such an adventure. Good luck with getting everything ready for the move and the baby!

March 7, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home