What's happening with the Messicks

The boring and sometimes not as boring life we live.

Friday, March 7, 2008

A pondering moment, we are moving.

So I was thinking yesturday how my upcomming trip has been so low key on my mind. I am flying out to Singapore in less than 2 weeks and I haven't really given it as much thought as I usually do when Tyson and I have gone on our little trips together. Don't get me wrong I have thought about it but when we have done other trips (vermont, florida, etc.) I have researched all the different things we could do. I also had a couple months of excitement and anticipation of having a nice get away from the kids and time alone as a couple (Thanks mom for always sacrificing your spring break). I think this trip is going to be busy and I hope to get a lot done but I just recently came to the realization this is going to be one of our last kid free trips for a while and we should probably actually enjoy it as a get away at the same time. I have been so busy trying to sew curtains for my kitchen (it has a window over the sink along with windows that are are in the breakfast area which are very tall so I did cafe curtains along with a top curtain = a lot of sewing), which I have been meaning to do since we moved in (over 3 years ago) along with curtains for the guest bedroom which I decorated only a few months after we moved in. I am also working on trying to get stuff sewn for the nursery. My sewing machine won't be coming with us so I am in morning and maybe trying to use it before I can't any more, I'll probably just buy a cheap one once we get there. I have also been trying to clean out my house. Our house in Houston was just under 1500 sft and this house is 3000. Our house size has doubled and we have filled it to the rim. I am a pack rat and regretting it right now. All my junk seems to have value to me, I need to have someone come over and tell me to toss, toss, toss. I need to be on one of those tv shows but I would be to embarrased. Both Tyson and I have really been pondering why we are moving. Because we are moving we have come to realize how much we love our lives here in so many ways. We like our house, our yard, our little town, our stuff we have been accumulating since we have been married (all those little things, tools, my kitchen stuff etc.). But we keep reminding our selves this is going to be a neat experience for us and the kids and it is good opportunity for Tyson's career. Over all we are excited but it has really hit and it is a lot to digest and turning out to be a lot of work. This post has just been a time for me to ponder so I hope it hasn't been to painful if you actually took the time to read it. Tyson took the camera with him on his trip to Alaska (he comes home and we will turn around less than a week later to go to Singapore) so no pictures with this post, so extra boring I know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shallan said...

I haven't been online in a while... trying to fight some sickness... so imagine my surprise! I had no idea! I'm going to miss you so much! Let me know what I can do to help!

March 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home